Sunday, July 02, 2006

Welcome to Harrisburg BYOB!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and the surrounding region is a great place to enjoy the finer things in life...art, music, nature, history, diverse culture and of course, fine food, wine and spirits. The famous Restaurant Row on 2nd Street in Center City Harrisburg is a delightful place to meet and celebrate with old and new friends alike. And, in all directions to Lancaster, Hershey, York, Carlisle and beyond, there are many other places to get a delightful bite to eat both on and off the beaten path. There is something for everyone here.

I love to try new things, but I especially love the adventure of dining at an establishment that allows me to bring my own bottle. A BYOB restaurant offers the chance to really tailor your dining experience to your own tastes. You can bring a wine or choice of beer that might not be on anybody's wine list, or you can splurge a little bit with a special bottle that costs a lot less in a Pennsylvania Wine and Spirits Shoppe than on a marked up menu. As someone who thinks Wednesday is a special occasion, I take careful consideration to what is on the menu, what is available to drink, and what is the pricetag everytime I go out. BYOB is a cost-effective, fun way to celebrate what the Central Pennsylvania region has to offer.

This blog is simply the opinions of my friends and me. I am not a restaurant critic or wine expert; just someone who really loves good food and beverages. I invite anyone with a BYOB suggestion to join the discussion.